Sunday, June 22, 2008

After a VERY long day...

It has been a very very VERY long day at work. Inventory. Oh dread! But actually this day has not gone by in vain. Even before inventory started, a friend of mine called me out of the blue all excited to talk about her upcoming wedding. Now, keep in mind that it's that time of month for me so aside from feeling uncomfortable and cranky and annoyed at the long work day ahead of me, I really didnt feel like talking about love and weddings and such. Not to mention I have two other friends who are also getting married in a few months. Turns out talking to her did me good because her excitement leaked over the phone lines to me and it actually made me feel better to share in her engagement bliss.

Then during inventory, in a store full of guys and me being the only girl, the talk turned to relationship matters too. But keep in mind its a store full of GUYS after all so it wasn't "relationship" talk more so that it was "sex/pervy" thoughts said aloud. I chalk it up to the late hour. But anyway, it was actually cool to hear guy's perspectives about stuff like that especially when its from 5 different guys, 5 different age groups, and 3 different relationship status'. Im not going into detail about all the things that were said, since Im trying to keep this blog pg-13 but let's just say it was enlightening.

So as I rest and stretch out at 2am...finishing this non-blog that I felt obligated to write, Im gonna leave you with this dialogue from "Bones" that I felt fit this day perfectly:

~~
Booth: Here we are, all of us basically lone seperate creatures, circling each other. All searching for the slightest bit of a real connection. Some don't look in the right places. Some just give up hope because they're thinking "there's no one out there for me". But we all keep trying over and over again. Why? Because every once in a while two people meet and there's a spark. And yes...he is handsome...and she is beautiful, and maybe that's all they see at first. But making love? Making LOVE...that's when two people become one.

Bones: It is scientifically impossible for two objects to occupy the same space.

Booth: Yeah, but what's important is we try. And when we do it right, we get close.

Bones: To what? Breaking the laws of physics?

Booth: Yeah. It's a miracle.
~~

Hehe...I have the perfect quote or lyric or dialogue for anything!
Goodnight all!

No comments: