Thursday, June 19, 2008

Something to be said about being busy...

So the last...oh, 3 or 4 months or so, I have been busy up to my gills. I mean really busy. Work, work, work, more work, and it's gotten to the point where if I want to hang out with my friends or deviate the slightest bit from my routine, I literally need at least 2 weeks advance notice. Either to get that day off, switch shifts, or make sure I get enough sleep so I dont pass out while Im hanging out with friends. Im always always tired. I need to keep track of everything on my calendar on my computer, and the calendar on my phone....AND I FREAKIN LOVE IT!!!!!

It started out as making sure Im too busy to think about bad issues happening in my life at the moment and it evolved into something a lot cooler than that. Though its true I need to preplan everything in order to see my friends and whatnot but I find that the planning makes me appreciate the time I have with them that much more. And Im learning to better manage my money so I can afford all these events and the fact that Im tired and busy all the time keeps me from getting into trouble. And the great thing is the next few months (especially July and August) are looking to be my busiest time of all.

Another cool side effect of my hectic schedule is Im meeting new people without even meaning to. I met this guy at work today named Brian (his last name is unpronouncable so I wont even try) who just moved here from Oregon, there are two guys that I talk to often named Joe and Jordan who are turning out to be cool cool people...yes, I met them online so call me a hypocrite if you like. And just today I met a guy on facebook!

Its like that quote by Helen Keller:
~When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the window that was opened to us~

Well, I guess keeping myself occupied like I have been allowed me to see the window. Not only that, it allowed me to realize that the door that was closed wasn't locked shut. Just closed for the meantime. Think about that for a second!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Aha! Meeting people online, huh? :p