Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hands -- Jewel

If I could tell the world just one thing, it would be...we're all ok.
And not to worry cuz worry is wastefull and useless in times like these.
I won't be made useless.
Or be idled with despair.
Ill wrap myself around my faith, cuz light is what darkness most fears.

My hands are small I know but they're not yours, they are my own.
Not yours, they are my own.
And Im never broken.

Poverty stole your golden shoes, but it didnt steal your laughter.
And heartache came to visit me but I knew it wasnt ever after.
We will fight but not out of spite.
Someone must stand up for whats right.
Cause where there is a man who has no voice, there I shall go singing.

In the end only kindness matters.
I will get down on my knees and I will pray.
I will get down on my knees and I will pray.

My hands are small I know, but they're not yours, they are my own.
Not yours, they are my own and I am never broken.
We are never broken.
We are God's eyes, God's hands, God's mind.
We are God's eyes, God's hands, God's heart.

No comments: