Sunday, November 2, 2008

Another one bites the dust...


~Female friendships that work, are relationships where women help each other belong to themselves~ -- Louise Bernikow

I guess this post is a long time coming. But it's here now and that's what counts. It's all about different kinds of relationships and love and other sappy such things, so be forewarned!

When I was 18 and a freshman in college, I fell in love with 6 girls. No, this isn't that kind of post so you can quit your giggling now (lousy pervs). I was stuck in a dorm room with 6 wonderful girls who were to become my so far lifelong friends. It really is a miracle how we all got along so well since with the 7 of us came 7 different personalities, but get along we did. There was m~E, the Hoodrat, the PeePee Queen, Ange, the Renanator, Swimgirl, and Lindz. What better way to explore all the trials and new adventures that come with your "test-it out and see" years than with your best friends right? We learned from our mistakes and each other. Cried, laughed, and experimented. Fell down, helped each other back up, brushed each other off and egged each other on.

Fast Forward 8 years, 8 annual Christmas Cluster Dinners and we have all changed. All grown up and moved on and became women. Though we have spread apart a little we all know that we are there for each other when needed and with that knowledge comes a bond that will hopefully span for the rest of our lives. This year, 2 of them got married to two equally wonderful men. Of course they have to be pretty wonderfull to land such awesome chics right? Next year, another one bites the dust. And tonight, yet another announced that she is engaged. And I'm fine with that most of the time. Though I'm very very happy for them, I can't help but feeling a bit sad for the changes that are happening. Changes for the better, yes, but changes nonetheless. I know that what comes ahead in the future are new adventures but a part of me longs for the past and the hopes that we all had back then. And then again, a part of me wishes that I was embarking on the same adventures they are now. Out of the 7 of us, I'm the only one who is still single and I'm fine with that usually. But sometimes I do get envious of what they have and what I used to have (but that's a post for another day).

*sigh* Anyway, congratulations to Ange and Jason. So happy for you guys! :) Although it gives me another opportunity to shop for another wedding dress. Fun :(

No comments: