Sunday, November 2, 2008

The "post for a different day"...

Ive gotten over it, but I'm not ready to move on just yet. I know I've been in love once, and I thought I was in love twice before. With that knowledge comes the motivation for me to not settle for anything but what I really want. I gave my heart away a long time ago. And if it comes down to a choice between settling for something that is just good enough or holding out for what my heart really wants...I am inclined more so nowadays to choose the latter. Even if it means a lifetime of heartache. But what if what or who your heart truly desires won't make you happy either? It's a question I have asked myself time and again and there is never a clear answer. If only he opens his eyes. Steps up to the line and opens his heart. Or closes it. Something. I will even settle for a confirmation that what I want and what he wants are not the same thing and will never be the same. Then at least I will have closure, not this straddling the line and fighting with myself with no ups, downs, or end to it. This is it, and this is all. All the dreams everynight, the yearning for every day. The heart wants her true love.

No comments: