Wow...Expat, my dear oh how you spoil me.
Except I have to work for this one too, and then give it away. Kinda cheapens it a little. But oh well, gives me more blog fodder so here I go!
The honorees are to: a) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
Hmm...not too bad. I actually have 7 people I want to give this to who are totally deserving!
But first things first: TEN THINGS I HATE ABOUT ME!
1) I have a huge problem with people folding my clothes wrong and/or folding their own clothes wrong. I have gone so far as to upturn a laundry basket filled with clean folded clothes and refold it just so it didn't annoy me.
2) I don't like the way my hair smells after being outside. I dont even have to sweat or do anything extraneous. Even if I just go for a quick walk or if it's windy outside. When you come back inside your hair smells like...well...like air. But not good air. Not bad air either...just...not good.
3) I can't relax at home in outside clothes. If Im gonna be home for longer than a couple hours, I change into my house clothes (usually sweatpants and a tshirt and sweatshirt or ratty shorts, depending on the weather).
4) I can't sleep with my closet door open, or my bedroom door open, or any of my drawers not shut. They don't even have to be all the way open, just slightly ajar bugs me. It's not that I think some boogeyman is gonna get me...ok, I lie...I do think the boogeyman is out to get me, and yes, I am SURE all that stands between a peacefull night sleep and death is the 3 inches between my sliding closet door and the wall.
5) I'm a compulsive procrastinator. I'll tell you about it later.
6) I have a lot of books. All kinds of worldly intelligent books...but I never read those. I also have a lot of geeky science books, chemistry reference manuals, scientific publications, and biological Journals...I sometimes read those. I also have a lot of female oriented mystery/romance novels...those I read all the time.
7) If I was a dude, and a football player...I would want to be a free safety. You're still on the team and you play a vital role in the plays, but you'd be like the spanish inquisition of the football team. No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
8) When I have a problem or issue I want to work out, and there's no one to talk to...sometimes I talk to myself. I mean I actually have drawn out conversations with myself in my head. I don't even pretend to speak as someone else. Nope, it's just me and me...chatting it up. If the previous 7 reasons haven't shown you why I see a therapist then I'm sure this reason did!
9) I collect cool cards that people have given me (Christmas, Birthday, Just because...etc.).
10) In real life, I'm not really very funny. I'm kinda sarcastic and mean and sharp. I suppose this blog is my subconcious way of making amends for being a generally bitchy human being.
And the award goes to:
Sabrae at It's just the everyday humdrum that life makes it to be, Mr. Anderson at Life on the Crawl, Nerick at Nerick's Blog, Skyler's Dad at Somedays it's not worth chewing on the leather straps, Heinous at Irregularly Periodic Ruminations, Matt from A View from 5280ft, and Trooper Thorn from Dogs and Jeans.
Whew! Now get crackin people! And spill all that blackmail fodder!