Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Quick Survey aka. "Can I get some help up in here???"

Situation: No, Im still not back yet...but I need a raise of hands. I have an outdoor wedding to attend on Sunday. Yes, THIS Sunday (just call me the ultimate procrastinator) and I have the dress, I have the shoes, I have the purse. I have the the wedding gift all wrapped and ready to go. However, I can't decide on what makeup look to do.



...



Don't laugh. This is important to me. Well, not really important. But being indecisive pisses me off. Especially when it's me!



Anyhoo, this is for the girls. And if any of the men want to chime in, then that's fine by me.

Question: If you (I) were wearing a strapless A line dress (empire waist), cream with brown designs on it...would you have a nude eye/red lips combo or brown smokey eyes/nude lips combo?? Anyone?? Anyone??

Also, THANKS to Scope and Cora for emailing me and sending me the posts of their visit last month to my email so I can read them. My lab has blocked blogger off the servers and it sucks ass. Then when I get home Im too tired to do much than take a shower and pass out lately. Blah! I miss reading you guys!! ALL of you! ALLLLLLL OF YOU!!!!! But I have to give special shout outs to JJ, Words, Unbearable Banishment, Dr. Zibbs, Gwen, Fancy...those of you who have emailed me or added me onto Facebook ROCK!!!

Last but not least, LOOK!! it's only been 5 days since my last post this time!! Woohoo! Im getting better...but still no time to read blogs. Pisses me off! Time flies when you're working 50+ hours a week. Gah!

Where was I? Oh yeah,

Last but not least, I joined a fantasy football league. The draft (Automated) is not till 8/23 so I still have time to ditch and join a different league (if one of you guys have room in yours you still need to fill) so let me know! I haven't ranked my players yet so if you wanna send me advice please email me or leave a comment!

P.S. My team name: Them Filthy MoneyGrubbers

*teehee*

15 comments:

Sid said...

I hate red lipstick. Go with the nude lips.

J.J. in L.A. said...

Go with the 'brown smokey eyes/nude lips' combo...and take a picture! : ) I was thinking 'smokey eye' before I even got to the question.

I can send you my blog posts if you want. Let me know.

And I'm never on Facebook but I'll add you when I get around to it. Does that sound rude? lol!

Mrs. Gordon said...

why *e, i believe that is MY wedding you are talking about! =)

i have no make-up advice. i hope my own turns out well =P but i'm excited to see you!

Cora said...

Them Filthy MoneyGrubbers! Pffft! I love it!

As for the make up, I'd go with the nude lips. It may not feel like it around here this week, but it is Summer and nude lips are more summery.

Scope said...

You didn't mention what time the wedding was. But if it is afternoon, you may have to go "slim 100" on the smokey eye instead of "unfiltered Camel", because that would be more of an evening look. But since the reception will carry over to the evening, and your not redoing the makeup...

And you may want to try setting up logmein.com on your home computer, and then from the lab, you go to that site, remote into your PC, and then go out from there. Since you will be hitting blogger from your home not the lab, they won't know. Or Google Reader.

Carolyn said...

I vote for red lips. You are blessed with a great mouth and with everything else, the dress included, being brown/cream, it would be nice to see a little pop of color.

Mrs. Hall said...

Will email my response but yes, play up the lips! :)

MJenks said...

Dark eyes, nude lips.

SkylersDad said...

I'm sorry, I am of no use to you here. But I did want to point out that I nearly passed out when you said nude.

That is all.

Dr Zibbs said...

I think you should where Ace Freely makeup.

Also, when are you going to start Twittering? It's perfect for you.

The Unbearable Banishment said...

I don't have any make-up tips for you but I did want to thank you for the shout out. I completely understand your absence, although I don't like it very much. Hang in there and get back to us as soon as you can.

get in here said...

Hmm... can't help. Sorry.

NMOS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NMOS said...

You already know what I'd say....you'd look great either combination, or even no make-up at all. But, if I had to pick to help you make a decision, I'd actually do a slight mix of both. Go with the brown smokey eyes and instead of the nude lips, go with one of your Burt's Bees lip shimmers with a brown/red undertone. I think the red lips might be too much of a contrast with your dress, but a couple of shades off of red and more towards brown (maybe your "fig" one?) might work well together. I hope that helps. This is definitely your area of expertise, so you'd know best. Regardless of the outcome, can't wait to see it on Sunday. ;)

Oh, now I need help.....what color tie should I wear? :)

Fancy Schmancy said...

Different make-up for different outfits? Does not compute! I wear foundation and blush every day and that's pretty much it. If it's a really special occasion, and my allergies aren't bothering me too much, I might throw on some eyeliner, maybe some lipstick. I'm pretty much not the girl to be asking!

(p.s. missed you!xoxo)