Friday, October 3, 2008

Straight from the [proverbial] horses mouth...

Some random, yet poignant things I heard today...

~from the Delilah show on the radio...as I drove home from work:

"Love is a gift. No matter how true or how faithful or how wonderful the love is you give to someone, if they have their hands full with other baggages, then they just aren't able to receive it. It doesn't make your love any less wonderful. It just means that the other person must sort thru all the other stuff going on in their lives before they are able to accept the love you give them. But don't let that stop you from trying to give it anyway. All you can do is pray for that person that someday soon they will open their eyes and be in a position where they are able to welcome you into their lives" -- Delilah


~from last night's episode of Bones...as I watched it online a few hours ago:

"Look, this tension between us? I hate it! I mean I know that we broke up and everything but I've experienced loss before and lived thru it and you have too. And I'm not gonna pretend that this didn't happen because it might be easier to break up that way. I'm gonna re-live us...so I'm not gonna hide anymore and I'm not gonna walk on eggshells. I'm just gonna accept that this whole damn mess happened and pain or not, I'm glad it did." -- Angela from 'Bones: The Crank in the Shaft'

No comments: